NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1) Eligibility: The STAGELIGHT AUTORAP COMPETITION (the “Promotion”) is open only to individuals thirteen (13) years old or older at the time of entry and who did not purchase any equipment for purposes of entering the Promotion. The Promotion consists of a competition (the “Contest”) for music creators.
Contest entrants must also not be presently signed to any record label or publisher under any exclusive agreement or have a contractual arrangements which prohibit them from participation or give a third party exclusive rights in any composition entered in the Contest.
Employees of Open Labs, LLC, Smule, Inc., and any of their respective related companies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and agents and any agencies or other companies involved in the development or execution of the Promotion or production or distribution of Promotion materials, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Promotion is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
2) Sponsor: Open Labs, LLC, 3101 Bee Caves Road, Centre II, Suite 210 Austin, TX 78746
3) Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Promotion constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4) Timing: The Promotion begins on February 1, 2017 at 12:00 a.m United States Central Time (“CT”), ends on March 31, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. CT (the “Promotion Period”).
Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
5) How to Enter
To participate in the Contest, you must create a Stagelight account. Accounts are free. You will receive a free unlocked version of the Stagelight Core App ($9.99/USD Value) to use to create your musical composition.
Contest Entry Process: During the Contest Period, visit smule.openlabs.com (“Website”) follow the links and instructions to create or login to your Stagelight account and follow the links and instructions to upload your musical composition (herein referred to as your Submission) to the Website. By uploading your Submission, you agree that it conforms to the guidelines, permissions, and content restrictions below and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your Submission from the gallery and disqualify you if it believes that it fails to conform.
If your Submission includes lyrics, you will be disqualified. All Submissions must be instrumental only.
- The Submission must be an original musical composition;
- The Submission may contain non-original content permitting the licensee credits the licensor
- The Submission must be in .mp3 or .wav format; and
- The Submission must not contain lyrics
- The Submission must not be longer than 3 minutes and shorter than 45 seconds
Permissions: Entrant must have permission from any individuals who have contributed to creating the Submission to use the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein. See Sections 6, 8, 10 and 11. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions or proof in a form acceptable to Sponsor.
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
Limit: Each entrant may upload up to twenty (20) Submissions.
6) Sponsor’s Use of Contest Submissions: Uploading a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor and Smule, Inc. (“Contest Entities”) a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes.
7) Winner Determination:
Contest Winner will be determined according to the process set forth below.
- Voting: Entrants’ Submissions will be posted in an online gallery for public voting. Persons who meet the eligibility criteria as set forth in Section 1 may vote for any Submission they believe has public appeal once per day. Limit: Each person may vote on each Submission one (1) time per day during the Promotion Period. The public vote tallies received during the Contest Period for Submissions will be used to determine the score for Public Appeal (included in the Judging Criteria described below) for each entrant’s Submission. Multiple votes received from any person or email address in excess of the stated number will be void. Any attempt by any entrant or voter to obtain more than the stated number of votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including without limitation, offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, by using any automated program, by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, Stagelight registrations and logins, or any other methods, will void those votes for the entrant’s Submission and entrant may be disqualified as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Entrants who receive a higher number of votes will receive a higher Public Appeal score. Sponsor reserves the right to revise voting tallies or not consider the score generated for the Public Appeal criterion for purposes of determining the winners should the voting appear to have been tampered with or manipulated in any way
- Judging Phase: A panel of qualified judges, determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will select one (1) Submission (“Winner”) based on the following Judging Criteria:
- Public Appeal (10%);
- Submission Fits to Rap/Hip Hop Music Genre (10%);
- Creativity/Originality of Submission (70%); and
- Recording Quality of Submission (10%).
Subject to the entrants’ compliance with these Official Rules, the entrant whose Submission receives highest score will be deemed the potential winner. Sponsor will not disclose judging scores. Contest winner will be notified approximately one week after the end of the Contest to the email address used to register.
8) Winner Requirements: If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return requested documentation or provide any other requested information, within the required time period (as applicable), does not comply with these Official Rules, or if prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. If a potential Contest winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up, if any, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Up to three (3) alternate winners may be determined, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded.
1st Place Winner Receives:
- Winning song featured in AutoRap’s music library (Priceless)
- Stagelight Ultimate with all features, sounds and loops ($450/value)
- Get a 1-year Smule subscription to Sing! Karaoke, Magic Piano, and AutoRap ($180/value)
- Stagelight Ultimate with all features, sounds and loops ($450/value)
- Get a 1-year Smule subscription to AutoRap ($40/value)
All contestants Receive:
- Stagelight Core ($9.99/value)
For All Prizes: The actual value of electronic prizes is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace base on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of the Official rules and the date the prize is awarded and fulfilled. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
10) Release: By receipt of any prize, the winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Smule, Inc., and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
11) Publicity Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify the winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, province, likeness, Submission, and/or prize information in connection with the Promotion for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
12) General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Submissions received up to time of such action using the procedures outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process, voting, or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
13) Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Promotion; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submissions or votes or the tabulating of votes, the announcement of the prizes or in any Promotion-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of any Submission.
14) Disputes: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for Travis County or the appropriate Texas State Court located in Travis County, Texas; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas.
16) Winner List: The winner will be listed on contest site http://smule.openlabs.com/ after winner confirmation is complete.